Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year - Let's Tangle!

Hope everyone had a great holiday! Tonight's New Year's Eve and tomorrow is the dawn of 2012. Do you have any Zentangle® resolutions? Maybe create more zentangles? Try creating your own patterns? Maybe getting certified? Keeping a Zentangle Art Journal?

If you are signed up for Cloth Paper Scissors e-mails you get weekly e-books to download for free. This week's free e-book is Art Journaling Ideas: 5 Art Journal Techniques. I was excited to see our very own CZT and super star Sandy Steen Bartholomew listed as Technique #5:

Add Pattern to Journals with Zentangles and Transfers by Sandy Steen Bartholomew
Do you want to learn how to make art journals that are inspired by patterns you see in everyday life? Sandy stumbled upon Zentangles, which is a term coined for drawing repetitive patterns as a way of meditation, a few years ago and it changed her life. Now everywhere she goes she sees patterns in everything. Follow Sandy’s art journaling technique and you will be amazed by all of the patterns you can come up with.

Of course there were four other techniques that look absolutely wonderful as well! I encourage you to sign up for these e-mails (I admit I only signed up for the free e-books). If you decide they are not for you simply remove yourself from their list

And... if you want to make your own Art Journal from scrap envelopes and other papers you will love Cindy Shepards's Stash and Smash. Design Originals offers this book or you can also view it here on YouTube. I think I will be getting myself a belated Christmas present and order this book :)

Happy New Year everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Denyse - thanks for mentioning me! CPS has re-issued a lot of the old magazine articles as convenient downloadable pdfs. This is the article that got a lot of people started with Zentangle, a few years ago. Pretty cool, eh!? I actually found a few more of the original magazines and stuck them on my Etsy site. Vintage or old-fashioned? ;-D
    Sandy Bartholomew

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got started when I fell in love with Sandy's article in CPS. Sandy rocks!!! No doubt about it and so does CPS. I look forward to my daily news from CPS and the book downloads are great. When the magazine arrives every month, I can't wait to dig in and find something fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading the article by Sandy..she's right it got a lot of people started, and she just keeps giving us good stuff. Thanks for mentioning the Stash and Smash book Denyse...much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete