Friday, May 25, 2012

Mojo is back

I have been in a little bit of a funk for this last month as well as creatively restless. No matter what I did I wasn't happy with it and I just wanted to create. Today (on my hubby's birthday) I decided to try Zentangle® and stamps together. I have seen fellow CZTs create beautiful images by combining these two techniques. And wanted to learn.

On May 19th I attended the NUTZ (pronounced newts; aka New England CZTs) gathering in Massachusetts. Betty Abdu demonstrated how to use polymer clay to create Zentangles (probably try this tomorrow now that I have the necessary materials) and Melissa Hoopes demonstrated how to properly stamp and how to use the stamps with tangles... and yes, there is a proper way to stamp to make it look professional, clean and beautiful.

As a practice today I ended up creating this (below). I was tickled with how it came out and I even sold it! My first piece of art sold - so exciting! Hope you enjoy Angels at Play.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How exciting to sell your first piece...and so beautiful it is!

    ReplyDelete